What is Shine Together?
‘Shine Together’ is for families and family members, of all ages, to share breakfast and a short time of celebration together.
It is held on the 4th Sunday each month, starting at 9.30 a.m. and lasting about an hour. ‘Shine Together’ is a joint venture with St. Giles.
What do we do at Shine Together?
Shine starts with a 20 minute time of celebration and worship. Typically we sing a lively song, show our crafts and share the challenge results, have a time of story and exploration, pray together. The celebration time is short and often happily noisy. Children can take active part. We love background rustling and sounds of babies and young children.
This is followed by craft activities for everyone and breakfast of croissants, toast, tea, coffee and juice. (There is no charge for this).
‘Shine Together’ is based on the model of ‘Messy Church’.
To find out more either come along and try us out or check out www.messychurch.org.uk
Shine Together revolves around:
- Breakfast – the importance of food and fellowship. The familiar and comfortable act of sharing food together- appropriate for all ages.
- Craft – making something together. Working with others in different families and generations.
- Child focused worship – a short, dynamic, exciting, noisy, creative act of worship.
George Lings, Director of Church Army’s research unit, described Messy Church’s values as
- Chill – we will enjoy spending time together.
- Chomp – we will enjoy eating together.
- Create – we will enjoy making things and exploring God’s wonderful world.
- Celebrate – we will find ways of enjoying God’s word in the Bible and talking to him.
At ’Shine Together’ we agree with these values. We would love you to come along.