This will be a cinema-style viewing of our YouTube Harvest Service and will be an opportunity for some of us to meet to worship together.
This online celebration of harvest is led by Revd Steve and has the theme “Be thankful, for this is God’s will for us who belong to Jesus”. The Bible readings are 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18, Ephesians 5: 19-20 and Matthew 6: 19-34.
Numbers will be limited to up to thirty in order to comply with social distancing requirements.
Whilst it is great that we can start to reopen for a form of worship and meet the needs of those of our friends who wish to worship together, many restrictions have had to be put into place. Our priority is to try to minimise the risks as much as we can and it will all seem fairly strange at first. However, stewards will be on hand to guide you.
The restrictions are summarised below.
- Please do not arrive more than twenty minutes before the service commences, i.e. 2.10 p.m.
- You will be met at the top of the front steps by a “greeter” steward who will make sure you are aware of the procedures outlined below and take your name and contact telephone number for “test and trace” purposes.
- The wearing of face masks is mandatory; please bring your own face covering.
- There will be a one-way system – you will enter via the front lobby adjacent to the kitchen and leave by the lobby adjacent to the lift.
- Gel hand sanitiser will be available in the front lobby for your use.
- Social distancing at 2m. will be in force, and chairs in the sanctuary will be suitably spaced. Please sit where indicated by the steward in the sanctuary.
- The maximum size of the congregation will be thirty people, excluding the stewards.
- There can be no singing or live music at present.
- There can at present be no social meeting or refreshments.
- The kitchen and upstairs rooms will not be open.
- If you need to use the toilet and are already in the sanctuary, you will need to leave the building via the main lobby and re-enter using the front lobby.
- At the end of the service, please remain seated until the sanctuary steward tells you it is safe for you to leave.
We aim to give priority to safety, but you are still asked to continue to make your own assessment of whether attendance at physical worship is right for you in the light of the latest available health pandemic guidance.